"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen

Pride and Prejudice: Pg. 198

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

OMG Collins is so totally my favorite, because he's such an insufferable doofus.  His proposal to Elizabeth is basically the best thing ever.

C: "I have decided that we should get married.  I have based this decision upon the following itemized list of facts: A) Clergymen should get married. B) I am a clergyman.  C) You're still single.  We are perfect for each other!"

E: "Ha ha! Nope."

C: "I'm glad you agree!  I knew you would pretend to turn me down - feigning disinterest is an indication of undying love in women of good breeding!"

E: "Seriously?  Nope."

C: "We are going to be so happy together!!"

Meanwhile, Darcy continues to be an a-hole.  Even if Wickham really is an even bigger a-hole, that doesn't exactly absolve Darcy from being completely full of himself.  His proposal was almost more ridiculous than Collins's.

D: "So it turns out I love you and am obsessed with you. Marry me."

E: "What? Every time we interact, you barely talk to me and just stare off broodily into the distance like some kind of a-hole."

D: "Yes, even though you're poor and have no connections and I hate your family, I can't get you out of my head.  It would be super embarrassing for someone like me to marry someone like you, but I'm asking you anyway.  Aren't you flattered?"

E: "No."

D: "But... but... I'm really rich!  AND handsome!  Have you not seen how handsome I am?"

E: "You basically destroyed my sister's life."

D: "Oh, that.  Well yeah, my bad."

E: >:|

I am totally enjoying all the note-passing and vicious gossiping and dance-related drama going on, though.  19th Century England: Just like 8th grade!